Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughts on Videocast

I watched the videocast, "Should All Teachers be Tech Literate?" from the Summer 2009 EDM310 class. The videocasters were: Dr. John Strange, Nicole Coomer, Dana Reeves, Kitty Ruzic, and Megan Brown. The conversation seemed to be mostly unscripted, with the exception of Dr. Strange's opening remarks. I thought it a mostly well-rounded discussion between the speakers. However, in my own videocast, I might ask each person to introduce a different aspect of the subject and then add individual thoughts from that point. On the other hand, I might have the "mediator" introduce each aspect and ask each participant for their thoughts, starting with a different person each time.
The videocast had nice music at the beginning, but I might have music that is a little more attention-getting. The same goes for the opening title screen. I would like to have my videocast in a less boring setting, as well. Additionally, I would like the camera to be closer to the people and that they face it more than each other. I have never done a videocast, but it seems to me that the more exciting and lively (within reason) we can make it, the more interesting it will be.
Some may find the subject material to be boring, so we should try to grab people's interest and engage them in our topic. We should also try to make it less a chore for ourselves and more something fun and interesting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment