Monday, November 2, 2009

Why, Oh Why, Should We Blog?

first picture is the blue and white Facebook logo, second picture is an iGoogle logo that has Mario throwing a ball of fire, third picture is the Blogger.com logo





One of the continuing lessons of my Educational Media class is that Blogging, i.e. posting your own or your student's work to the Internet, is a good idea - a good habit to get into in the teaching profession. It is a good idea for many reasons, and for each person, those reasons may vary. I think the main reason it is important for students to post their work is that the work gets perused and commented on by others. I think feedback is very important to any professional.


There are numerous ways that one can post their work to the Internet. Currently, in my class, I have used Blogger.com for both a personal and professional blog. I have also used iGoogle to create a web page that reflects my interest in physical education. My future students could use this page to do a variety of things, from playing a game to finding out the latest stats on their favorite team. Additionally, I have created a Personal Learning Network using various components of the Internet, including Facebook and Physical Education websites.


I think it is also important for students to post their work to the Internet because this allows them to become more familiar and comfortable with the Internet and all the avenues it offers. The more technologically savvy a teacher is, the more creative and varied her teaching may be. The Internet offers endless possibilities for teachers and students alike.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Cinnamon. Excellent reflection. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete