Friday, October 30, 2009

Mike and Meal Worms

photo includes a brown meal worm on the left, a yellow pupa in the middle, and a black beetle on the right
My KidsComments assignment this week was to read about meal worms, which is a post by blogger Mike R. in Mrs. Goerend's sixth grade class. Mike told about how meal worms eat oatmeal and have two eyes, six legs and are light brown with brown lines on their backs. More information than I thought I'd ever need to know about meal worms, let me say! Mike also said that meal worms go from meal worm to pupa to beetle, which is a life cycle like a frog's. I told Mike that I'd much rather hear about meal worms than spiders! I love to hear that kids are learning about all kinds of science and are engaged in the lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... what an assignment. Sounds just like little boys... they seem to like bugs! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete