Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Students Blogging



First photo is of a purple and pink tokay gecko looking at the camera with it's mouth open. Second photo is of a blond-haired boy using a cell phone. The cell phone and his ear piece both have green lights on them. Third photo is a graphic of a stack of books.



I recently visited Mr. Goerend's Classroom and read some of the writing that his students have done. The kids write about various topics, from their first football game to reading to pizza to you name it. It is very cool to see these kids writing about things in their life. I think introducing them to blogging is a good way to get their creativity flowing as well as giving them an outlet to express themselves. I believe that introducing students to blogging will only enhance their learning experience. It would be nice to see it become more widespread.
I commented on several of the student's posts. Sara wrote about something close to my own heart - reading. I probably wrote a little more on that than I should have! Dmitriy wrote about his dog, Madi, chasing squirrels. I told him about our new puppy chasing our chickens. Carter wrote about his new gecko and I told him about my son's leopard gecko. Tommy wrote about how much he loves Halloween. Finally, Drake wrote about his new phone. The children were pretty descriptive in their writing, which was a joy to see. I think Mr. Goerend is doing a wonderful job.

No comments:

Post a Comment