Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie's Google Earth

flat image of earth from space.

I thought Dr. Christie's Resource Guide for Google Earth was both very informative and easy to understand. From describing what it is to giving examples for lesson plans, Dr. Christie gave simple descriptions and great links for more information. I am a prospective physical education teacher and I hope to put a twist on traditional physical education when I get my own classes to teach. I think Google Earth will be one way that I can implement my plan.

I have already taught a course in a P.E. elective on learning how to use a compass. I think using Google Earth would allow me to enrich and expand that course to make it more interesting and exciting for the kids. For example, part of the course could be devoted to bringing the kids into the computer lab and teaching them how to use Google Earth. They could have the practical hands-on compass experience and then we could see how we could apply that to Google Earth or vice versa. Of course, I would have to develop the idea more fully to give the students the maximum benefit of the program, but it is an exciting prospect!

No comments:

Post a Comment