Saturday, August 22, 2009

Did You Know? 3.0

My first reaction to the Did You Know 3.0 presentation was, "Wow!" It is amazing how much information is out there today. It boggles the mind. On my Facebook page alone, there is more information than I can keep up with. How do people manage all those applications? I don't have time to go through and deal with every one so mine just keep accumulating. At this point in time, I "own" four e-mail accounts, have a MySpace page, and now thanks to this course, a Blog. I had no intention of becoming so active online; it just seems to keep sucking me in!


The Information Superhighway is shrinking the planet, but at the same time, I think it is overloading it with information. Yes, it is very nice to have answers right at your fingertips, but do we really need so much information? I'm sure I am not the only one who looks something up only to have to sift through a barrage of "hits" that may or may not pertain to my subject. Of course, I would not complain because the ease of access is just too convenient. However, sometimes I fondly recall the days when my only options were the encyclopedia and the dictionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment