Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

Aside from the wonderful message of Sir Robinson's speech, I was, first and foremost, impressed with his speaking skill. He infused his talk with entertaining tidbits which made him a joy to hear. Also, when he digressed with a joke or story, he seamlessly went back to or tied into his theme. He was very eloquent and enjoyable to hear. Very impressive!
Pertaining to the topic of Sir Robinson's talk, the importance of creativity, I agree. I do think that we are educating the creativity out of our children. Of course, they will lose some along with the loss of innocence as they mature, I believe, but it is not necessary to discourage them by not promoting their talents. I especially liked Sir Robinson's comment that our task is to educate our children's whole being. I think that each person is completely individual and each one's personal talents should be discovered and developed. It would be wonderful to see a shift in our education system that reflects Sir Robinson's ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment