Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Scoop on Cindy

Hello to all! I am 39 years old and looking forward to the big "Four-O" in January! Yes, I am looking forward to it, believe it or not! I am very excited to be a college student at this point in my life because I have spent the past twenty years raising my children and trying to be a good wife. It has been my dream to come to college and here I am! I am pursuing my degree in Physical Education so I can coach volleyball - another twenty-year-old dream!
I am from a teeny-tiny town in Missouri called Leopold, and you guessed it, we have three state champion volleyball titles under our collective belt. My high school coach has been my inspiration to coach my own team some day. In Southeast Missouri my hometown is known for volleyball and as a great place to get an education. It has been twenty-one years since I graduated but I feel that my school prepared me extremely well to further my education.
I joined the Army after I graduated high school and that is where I met my husband, Jay. He is from this area, so when he retired in 2004, we moved back here from Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. We have also lived in Germany and Virginia.
My daughter is also a college student and is studying to become a paramedic first and then a registered nurse. My son is a junior at Bryant High School and already knows that he wants to go into aviation mechanics. Both of my children are great kids and I am super-proud to be their Mom!
Aside from going to college, I am a substitute teacher at Alba Middle School. I have worked there for four years in mostly long-term assignments. To date, I have "taught" Science, Algebra, P.E., Civics, and a computer elective. I love working with the faculty, staff, and students at Alba. I am also a volleyball referee for the Alabama High School Athletic Association. This is also my fourth year as a referee.
I love to read, canoe, hike, bake, crochet, and all kinds of other stuff. I would love to learn to rock climb and scuba dive. I am looking forward to everything ahead of me in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment