Sunday, August 23, 2009

Next Generation Learning

I don't see how anyone can watch a video like Next Generation Learning and not say, "Awesome! How do I get involved? How do I get my kids involved?" The whole idea of making the classroom come alive like that is just simply exciting! Not only does it seem to keep children interested and focused, but it also allows parents to get involved with their children's education like never before. It would be so wonderful to see every classroom in the world equipped to allow such advantages. Where I work, we have the Internet, Elmos, and one classroom equipped for e-conferencing, among a few other new technological toys. However, it is nowhere near as advanced as Harry's school. What would it take to equip the world's classrooms like that? I wouldn't begin to guess, but I am sure programs are already in place to try to accomplish it.
From a parent's standpoint, it is almost past the time when my children would benefit from such technology in the classroom. However, I'm sure one day I will have grandchildren (Gasp!) who will. My kids are, of course, more technologically savvy than I am today. It would have been great to see them complete a homework assignment or project and then upload it at that point. I think that, in itself, would be an excellent tool for all students and teachers. I believe that access to the emerging classroom technologies will only benefit everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment